Cossmann Violins in the Community
Cossmann Violins is committed to supporting music education in the communities where Julian's instruments are sold. In Austin, that commitment has taken the form of:
- Financial support for the Austin Chamber Music Center and the McCallum High School and Lamar Middle School Fine Arts Academy orchestras;
- Sponsorship of the McCallum orchestra's travel to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall;
- Donation of completed instruments which previously were used for varnish experiments to local middle school and high school music students in need;
- Donation of an amount equal to 5% of instrument sales to Austin Soundwaves,a Central Texas El Sistema-inspired music education program of the Austin Hispanic Alliance; and
- Presentations to Suzuki, and middle and high school strings students on the craft of bowed instrument making.